Collaboration starts with our three core partners that have led this effort from the beginning, ensuring that it stays true to its inclusive, community-based roots. They are:
Core Partner Organizations
Southwest Youth and Family Services (SWYFS) helps people use their own strengths to make what they want of their lives. We offer counseling, education, and family support programs for people in West Seattle, Delridge, White Center, South Park and other neighborhoods.
White Center Community Development Association (WCCDA) promote a vibrant neighborhood and high quality of life for White Center residents and stakeholders through the development of authentic leadership opportunities and community-led, neighborhood initiatives. We accomplish this through our 3 lines of business: neighborhood revitalization, family development, and community building.
The Highline Public Schools (HPS) mission is to educate every student and expect excellence. Everything we do is focused on the ultimate goal of seeing each and every student graduate ready for college, career, and citizenship. A district of 17,000+ students, we serve the communities of Burien, White Center, SeaTac, Des Moines and Normandy Park.
Committed Partner Organizations
White Center Promise is fortunate to have many other committed community-based organizations, government officials and institutions partner with us. They have been and continue to be instrumental at every level of the initiative from developing the continuum to working on data-sharing agreements, from offering in-kind resources to engaging residents in the work, and from funding assistance to event preparation. These essential partners will be at the heart of our work as we move forward.
- Child Care Resources
- Community Center for Education Results
- Community Schools Collaboration
- Department of Social and Health Services
- Highline Community College
- King County Executive’s Office
- King County Food and Fitness Initiative
- King County Housing Authority
- Neighborhood House
- New Futures
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Open Arms Perinatal Services
- Public Health Seattle & King County
- Puget Sound Educational Service District
- Seattle Jobs Initiative
- Southwest Boys and Girls Club
- YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish