Residents must be integral partners in this work at all levels. White Center Promise is all about families, and so it is important that they have a strong voice and are a part of decision-making. To this end:
- Our seven-person Leadership Team currently includes two local parents with professional leadership roles in White Center that grew their skills through prior initiatives in the community. We are creating a process that will bring more parents to this team that are not affiliated with an agency.
- Our Resident Advisory Committee is also being developed in order to ensure that Promise staff are always listening to and incorporating the perspectives and recommendations of residents into the management of the initiative. Applications are currently being accepted for this advisory. Download the documents here: WCP Resident Advisory Roles & Responsibilities 2012 and WCP Resident Advisory Application 2012.
- Residents have always been and will continue to be essential to the success of our Workgroups.
- Our Family Navigtors will be encouraging and assisting interested residents to gain any skills they feel would be helpful in order to confidently participate in the leadership of White Center Promise.
- In addition, our community engagement team regularly puts on events, hosts community meetings and finds a wide array of opportunities to both inform and solicit feedback from residents about all aspects of White Center Promise.